Saturday, November 26, 2011

rhetorical modes

#1: Jealous- feeling resentment against someone because of that person's rivalry, success, or advantages
#2: Personally, I think jealousy is pointless. I get jealous too, but I still think it is unreasonable. When I see someone with better clothes or better legs or nice hair, I feel a twinge of dislike towards him or her. My proposal isn't to forget about jealousy because I think that is impossible, but I propose that, when one feels jealous, he or she stops and thinks about everything in his/her life that is good. In doing so, I hope people will begin to be thankful for what they have rather than be jealous of others.


#3: Shakespeare's Othello is focused around jealousy. The jealousy of the characters is fueled by the actions of other characters. (In Othello, the hero succumbs to jealousy when Iago convinces him that Desdemona has been an unfaithful wife – in the end, Othello murders his wife and then kills himself.)There is jealousy used in many other plays, movies, books, and television shows because it grabs the viewers attention. Jealousy makes people do unreasonable things, such as kill their wives or steal.


#4: The first time I remember getting jealous is in preschool. My crush, Adam, was a hunk. Even in preschool everyone wanted to date him. He was the teacher's favorite, the smartest in the class, and the best at making letters out of playdough. My best friend, Jessa, was also in our class. She was the greatest. And she had a pool so that made us even closer because I LOVE SWIMMING. Anyway, Jessa was playing in the cardboard kitchen that we had in the class room and I was coloring on the table. All was going well until Adam stood up, walked that cute butt over to the cardboard kitchen, and crouched behind it with Jessa. He had just chosen Jessa over me. I was furious. I started throwing crayon after crayon after crayon at them, but they were too infatuated with each other to notice. No more talking to Jessa, no more flirting with Adam... Does anyone want to be my new best friend??


#5: Being jealous would occur because of multiple reasons. Maybe you just saw your boyfriend getting snuggly with your best friend. Maybe your sister got the boots you wanted for Christmas. Maybe your next door neighbor can go through money like water and you can't... All of these are possible causes for jealousy.


#6: How to tell if someone is jealous.
    - He/she breathes VERY deeply through his/her nose whenever you walk past
    - He/she begins to dress like you and talk like you and smell like your perfume because he/she would kill to be you.
    - He/she would bad mouth you to anyone who would listen because she/he wants to boost his/her confidence by puting you down.
    - He/she might, just might, "accidentally" trip you on the stairs to make you embarrassed. No one is jealous of someone who falls on the stairs.

2 comments:

  1. Change your font to white! Here are my guesses!
    1. Definition
    2. Argument/Persuasion
    3. Example
    4. Narration
    5. Cause & Effect
    6. Classification/Division

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Definition
    2) Argument/Persuasion
    3) Example
    4) Narration
    5) Cause and Effect
    6) Classification/Division

    ReplyDelete