Saturday, December 10, 2011

about the nom noms of life

  My theory is that you can't say you don't like a food unless you've tried it. Recently. When I say I had asparagus for dinner and people turn up their noses, it's ususally because they hated asparagus as a kid and they haven't even  tried it lately.
  But, I know there are foods that I haven't liked yet in my life and foods I know I will never like.
  • tomatoes: when you eat one you literally get guts in your mouth. noooo thank youu
  • squash: no one likes squash
  • licorice: it tastes like I'm eating the smell of windex
  • oranges/orange juice: I don't want that nasty pulp in my stomach... It tastes like I'm swallowing seaweed.
  • pie: unless it's chocolate pie, don't bring it near me
I also know that there are going to be things that I used to hate and now LOVE.
  • beets: they look gross, smell gross, but taste like heaven
  • cottage cheese: I used to think you made cottage cheese by drinking a lot of milk and then running. And I thought cottage cheese was what the actors used back in the day as fake vomit.
  • SUSHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOM NOM NOM NOM
What I believe is that everyone's preferences change, picky eaters are missing out on a huge part of life, and being a cook would be the best job in the world. My problem is that I just burnt my Pizza Rolls and my Ramen boiled over and I don't have a single cooking gene in my entire body.

No comments:

Post a Comment