Friday, October 7, 2011

facebook>homework

Homework is the closest thing to impossible that I have ever attempted. Even without distractions it takes months and months. And for our generation, facebook is the definition of distraction. The sad thing is that I still wonder why my grades are faltering even though I have no doubt that Facebook is the cause. Who am I kidding? It's my addiction to Facebook that's the cause. I'd be embarrassed except I know that the vast majority of people my age are going through the exact same dilemma. At any given time in the night when I log on, there are 89+ "friends" on setting their statuses, picture stalking the prettiest girls in the grade, or trying to decide whether or not to poke their crush.

I go through hour after hour clicking through pictures and my newsfeed almost every night no matter school night or weekend night. I find myself, mid homework, logging on to my 5th grade AIM email facebook account to make sure no one is having more fun than I am. Andddd not only do I look at every single status while trying to figure out one to write for myself that will get the maximum "likes" and comments. Social image in this day and age is much more important than how well we do on homework.

1 comment:

  1. I always find myself on facebook! Especially when I'm supposed to be writing my most important paper that is worth a billion points... It's the worst when I find myself looking at someone's pictures from 7th grade. That's when I know I've hit rock bottom when it comes to procrastination. It doesn't exactly help that 85% of our homework now-a-days is on the computer either. Whenever I get on the computer to start my homework I automatically type in "www.facebook.com" out of habit. You're right, its an obsession to see how many notifications you've gotten or who's poked you since when you were last on 5 minutes ago. Facebook is seriously an addiction... If there is some kind of facebook rehab, sign me up.

    By the way this is Janie if it's somehow not showing up. It literally took me 20 minutes to figure out how to post this.... Struggles.

    ReplyDelete